Susanna Siddell
Guest Reporter
A fire near Heathrow Airport has caused commuter chaos as train services suffer significant delays early this morning.
National Rail has announced that disruption is expected until midday.
The operator announced on its website: "A fire next to the track between Heathrow Terminals and London Paddington means trains running between these stations may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or cancelled. Disruption is expected until 12:00."
Passengers have consequently been encouraged to check their journey before they travel - with some customers being entitled to compensation, National Rail has claimed.
It said: "Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim."
The blaze broke out just days after a horrific crash in the nearby area of Feltham caused another fire close to the major travel hub.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "At around 23.55 hrs on Monday, 31 March officers in a response vehicle came across a car alight on Bedfont Road, Feltham. The vehicle had been involved in a collision with a bus at the location.
"Very sadly, three occupants from the car were pronounced dead at the scene. A fourth occupant was taken to hospital. We await an update on their condition."
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:
Three people were left dead, while six others were injured after a H26 bus collided with a Mercedes, causing both vehicles to become engulfed in flames along a railway bridge on Monday night.
It also comes the day that the airport's chief executive is set to be grilled by MPs before the Transport Select Committee later today after a fire at a substation shut Europe's busiest airport down for the day last month.
The huge fire left more than 200,000 passengers stranded after their flights were cancelled or diverted away from London Heathrow as flights came to a grounding halt until midnight.
Some flights were permitted to go ahead a few hours earlier.
The Metropolitan Police's investigation into the Heathrow substation fire - which wreaked havoc at Europe's busiest airport last Friday - has found that there was no criminality involved.
Partnered with the Counter Terrorism Command, the force had been working to pinpoint the cause of the blaze in Hayes on March 21 but had found "no evidence to suggest that the incident was suspicious in nature".
As a result, Scotland Yard announced that its officers were no longer treating the substation fire as a "potentially criminal matter" and added that it will provide support for other colleagues at the National Grid, London Fire Brigade and the SSEN.
The force added that "any relevant new information or evidence" would be assessed and "considered as appropriate".
Find Out More...
National Rail has announced that disruption is expected until midday.
The operator announced on its website: "A fire next to the track between Heathrow Terminals and London Paddington means trains running between these stations may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or cancelled. Disruption is expected until 12:00."
Passengers have consequently been encouraged to check their journey before they travel - with some customers being entitled to compensation, National Rail has claimed.

It said: "Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim."
The blaze broke out just days after a horrific crash in the nearby area of Feltham caused another fire close to the major travel hub.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "At around 23.55 hrs on Monday, 31 March officers in a response vehicle came across a car alight on Bedfont Road, Feltham. The vehicle had been involved in a collision with a bus at the location.
"Very sadly, three occupants from the car were pronounced dead at the scene. A fourth occupant was taken to hospital. We await an update on their condition."
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:
- Heathrow was warned of major issue that led to chaos a DECADE AGO as urgent investigation ordered
- Heathrow horror crash leaves three people dead as bus engulfed in flames
- Heathrow Airport: Reform’s Richard Tice blames net zero as shutdown sparks travel misery - ‘Gross negligence of the highest order’
Three people were left dead, while six others were injured after a H26 bus collided with a Mercedes, causing both vehicles to become engulfed in flames along a railway bridge on Monday night.
It also comes the day that the airport's chief executive is set to be grilled by MPs before the Transport Select Committee later today after a fire at a substation shut Europe's busiest airport down for the day last month.
The huge fire left more than 200,000 passengers stranded after their flights were cancelled or diverted away from London Heathrow as flights came to a grounding halt until midnight.
Some flights were permitted to go ahead a few hours earlier.

The Metropolitan Police's investigation into the Heathrow substation fire - which wreaked havoc at Europe's busiest airport last Friday - has found that there was no criminality involved.
Partnered with the Counter Terrorism Command, the force had been working to pinpoint the cause of the blaze in Hayes on March 21 but had found "no evidence to suggest that the incident was suspicious in nature".
As a result, Scotland Yard announced that its officers were no longer treating the substation fire as a "potentially criminal matter" and added that it will provide support for other colleagues at the National Grid, London Fire Brigade and the SSEN.
The force added that "any relevant new information or evidence" would be assessed and "considered as appropriate".
Find Out More...